The nonlinear optical frequency conversions of repetitively pulsed output of a 1941-nm Tm3+ : YAP laser pumped by a cw 1670-nm fibre laser are studied experimentally. Both mid-IR optical parametric oscillation (OPO) and second harmonic generation (SHG) are obtained in the same periodically poled MgO : LiNbO3 crystal with a fan-out domain design by tuning the grating period and temperature. The energy conversion efficiency of the degenerate OPO at 3820-3970 nm exceeds 43% at a 0.5 kHz repetition rate, while the energy conversion efficiency of SHG at 970.5 nm reaches 34%.
|Number of pages||8|
|Publication status||Published - 1 Mar 2022|
- fibre lasers
- frequency doubling.
- mid-IR range
- nonlinear optical frequency conversion
- optical parametric oscillator
- periodically poled MgO : LiNbOcrystals
- solid-state lasers
- two-micrometre wavelength region
- 2.02 ELECTRICAL ENG, ELECTRONIC ENG
- 2.05 MATERIALS ENGINEERING
- 1.03 PHYSICAL SCIENCES AND ASTRONOMY